Effective project management gets things done, on time and on budget. It also helps organisations deliver projects across teams with consistency and efficiency.
Project management involves planning, executing, monitoring and reporting. It’s about making sure that things happen at the right time, in the right way. It’s about communicating roles and responsibilities, expectations and goals, and progress.
Project management in a digital world requires a mastery of the latest techniques and tools.
Things to think about
- Do you have an established project management approach across the organisation?
- Are there clear processes and tools for digital projects?
Project management: five levels of maturity
1. InconsistentProject management is done differently for different projects.
2. BasicSome common project management principles are used.
3. ProgressingProjects are managed through a structured but often lengthy process.
4. DevelopingAgile project management principles and practice are used. There is a launch, test and improve approach.
5. ImpactfulAgile principles of digital project management are consistently used in all projects to improve efficiency and increase impact.
Overall, for this competency, organisations average out at level 2.6.
Scores by year
These graphs show the average scores for this competency over the last few years, expressed as a percentage.
- 2020 56% 56%
- 2019 54% 54%
- 2018 56% 56%